Floris van Breugel
"WideRange Galleries did an absolutely fantastic job integrating my crazy ideas and vision into a functional and attractive design. It turned out better than I had imagined, thanks guys!"
- Floris van Breugel, Seattle, Washington
Here's one sample screenshot of the Admin control panel. The admin offers an enormous amount of control and flexibility for managing all the content of your website, with a simple and easy to use interface.
Built by Photographers for Photographers
WideRange Galleries are designed and built by professional photographers and web developers based in Colorado. Our top priorities when building online photo galleries for you are:
1) Creating custom graphic designs that support your photographs instead of distracting from them;
2) Providing a powerful yet easy-to-use control panel for you to administer all the content of your own site;
3) Working with you to create a site that looks and functions exactly how you want it to.
Custom Photo Gallery Websites
We build custom designed websites that interact with the photo database. In addition to our award winning graphic design, here are some features of the front end sites:
- Streamlined and Intuitive Design: Our gallery websites combine robust functionality with simple, elegant design. The result is a clean focus on your images and intuitive interaction for your audience.
- Highly Search Engine Optimized: In the admin control panel you can give each photo its own keywords, as well as general site-wide keywords that are repeated on every page. You can also set keywords and descriptions for gallery pages and just about any other page on the site. We've designed the websites to automatically place those keywords in all the proper spots for each page - just the way Google likes it.
- Built-in Shopping Cart that links out elegantly to the Paypal payment processor (Customers can still check out with their credit cards without having a Paypal account). Sell your prints and any other products online.
- Custom Photo Search searches the database and presents photo thumbnail search results so that your viewers can quickly find the photo they want from your archives.
Robust Administration Control Panel
The backend administration control panel, or "admin" for short, is the powerful database engine under the hood of our gallery sites. Jack has been developing this admin software since 2004 specifically for managing his own online photo galleries. As such it is designed thoughtfully from the bottom up for photographers, which sets it apart from any other content management system. The password-protected admin allows you to easily upload and manage all the content of your own website, without requiring any specialized web design knowledge. Here are some features of the admin:
- Password Protected Login
- Add/Modify/Delete galleries, photos, print sizes & prices, products & prices, discounts, news, links, search terms, and more
- Multi-Photo Flash Uploader with automatic thumbnail resizing - no need for an FTP program to upload photo files
- IPTC metadata: The admin reads embedded IPTC data from uploaded jpg files, and will automatically enter the title, caption, and keyword data for you.
- Unlimited Galleries: each can have up to 6 levels of subgalleries, with several different layout formats to choose from for each gallery/subgallery
- Add photos to multiple galleries, and arrange the photo sequence for each gallery.
- Specify available print sizes for each photo
- Specify keywords for each photo
- Build a photo Search Index to offer an alternative method of presenting and accessing your photo archives. Add unlimited search tags to each photo.
- Set numerous Site Options such as main site keywords, site descriptions, vacation messages, currency and more
- Easily add as many extra pages as you want.
- Dynamic menu navigation allows you to add links in the main navigation menus.
- Advanced text editor in the text fields enables you to easily add links and basic text formatting to the text content, without having to know any html code.
- Set price and/or shipping Discounts for any or all photos, and any or all print sizes or products. Create a discount code to give to certain customers.
- Automated Downloadable Products: an optional feature allowing you to sell downloadable items. After paying through Paypal, an email is automatically sent to the customer with the download links.
- International clients will appreciate being able to choose the Currency to use throughout the website and shopping cart.
- *NEW* As of Version 4.0, Free Automatic Upgrades to the admin control panel into the future.
- *NEW* Print Sales Statistics with visual graphs and maps to see which photos, print sizes, and display options sell the best and when.
- Plus many more subtle features and workflows designed to maximize the power and flexibility of the admin, while keeping it simple and easy to use.
WideRange Wordpress Plugin
We also provide services to install and integrate a Wordpress blog as a seamless part of your website. For clients with Wordpress.org blogs, we've created a very useful plugin that allows you to automatically insert photos into blog posts directly from the WideRange gallery database, through a customized Wordpress image-insert panel. You can drag-and-drop the order of the images and also have options to include the titles, captions, print-order links, and links to the photo pages.
This plugin serves to integrate the blog more fully into the gallery site, and saves you time not having to upload photos and information twice to both the gallery site and the blog! Read more about it here.
Are you interested in hiring us to build you a top notch photography website? See our website packages and pricing here, then contact us to get started.
Not sure yet? Just check out our client testimonials; we have many happy clients! There's also more information on the FAQ page.
All content ©2004-2012 by WideRange Photo LLC. All rights reserved.