You have the option of enabling public commenting functionality to various pages of the website. The commenting system is powered by Disqus, a popular and free comment management plugin. In order to utilize this feature, you must first set up a free account with Disqus. Here are instructions on how to do so:
- Go to Disqus.com
- Click the "Get Started" link at the top right to create a new account. Enter login details.
- Click the "I want to install Disqus on my site" option.
- Enter a "shortname" for your site. You cannot change this later, so make sure you pick a name that is relevant to your website. Remember this shortname; you will need it again soon.
- Don't worry about the installation instructions; the website will handle this part.
- Click the "Configure Disqus" link (or from the navigation menu go to Settings > General). Here you can enter a longer/more-legible website name and enter your website address. Also, you can choose a light or dark color scheme (or just leave it on "auto"), and you can choose if you want the comments to display in a serif or sans-serif font (or leave it on "auto").
- Click "Configure Community Settings" or go to Settings > Community. I suggest to select "Allow guests to comment".
- Go to Settings > Advanced. I suggest to disable/uncheck both Tracking and Affiliate Links, for privacy purposes.
- Go back to Settings > Comments in your website admin panel and paste your Disqus site shortname in the field there (the shortname from step 4 above).
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to easily activate commenting on whichever page, gallery, or product you'd like!