Downloads from Dropbox
Please follow these steps to set up your Dropbox account for product downloads:
1) You will need to sign up for a Dropbox account if you haven’t already, and you also need to make sure you have the Dropbox app installed on your computer. If you’re not familiar with Dropbox, the basic way this works is that you will have a folder on your computer called “Dropbox” and anything within that folder will sync to the Dropbox server (and then to any other computers you have the same Dropbox account activated on).
2) Next, visit https://www.dropbox.com/developers and login. If you’re not automatically logged in, you can login using your normal Dropbox details.
3) Click App Console at the top right.
4) Click Create app.
5) Setup the app with the following settings (see screenshot below for reference).
• Choose and API: Dropbox API
• Choose the type of access you need: App folder
• Name your app: Type something like “WideRange Downloads” or “YourWebsite.com Downloads”.
• Click Create App.
6) On the next page, click the Generate button and copy the token generated and email this to me. Other settings on the page can be left as they are.
7) Go to the Dropbox folder on your computer. You should see an Apps folder, then inside that you should see your new app folder.
8) Move or copy your downloadable products into this folder. Email me a list of these products with the exact filenames. Depending on how large your files are, it may take several hours for the files to upload to Dropbox.
Once this is completed, DO NOT CHANGE OR DELETE THESE DROPBOX FOLDER OR FILE NAMES!If you change these file names whatsoever, the downloads will break! You may update the files, but they must have the same EXACT file names as before.
To reiterate, when you set this up, I need you to email me the App token and a list of all your exact download items’ file names.
Please let me know if you have any questions!